Sunday, January 31, 2016

Paradise Lost

We are home again, after ten lovely days of sun in the Caribbean.   Actually, paradise is not lost -- our little village is just another sort of paradise, and, although we love St. John dearly,  we are happy to be home again and sleeping in our own bed.  We are glad to have Cairo home.  His leg has healed up a bit.  Although he will always limp, he can go for a walk now.  we made it almost all the way to the beach today, for the first time in a month.

Caribbean Cosmo on the balcony of Asolare, my favorite restaurant in Cruz Bay
I'm still getting back into our routine after doing several loads of laundry, paying bills, grocery shopping.  I took yesterday afternoon off.  I sat in the sun with the dog under a duvet and finished a book.  It was great.  Today, however, I am diving back into work.  I have lots of ideas for new patterns, and I am preparing for a class on sculpted hooking with my students and for a beginner needle punch embroidery class to be held at Hallockville Museum Farm.  And it will just be a blink of the eye before our shows start up again.

It won't be long before the forsythia blooms and the daffodils bloom.  I'm looking forward to that!

1 comment:

Julia said...

It looks like this vacation was a wonderful experience but there nothing like home.
I'm glad that Cairo is doing better. It must be good to see him able to go for a little walk.

Hard to believe your are getting signs of spring already.
I hope that we get an early spring too.
Stay safe and healthy.
Hugs,
JB