Thursday, October 20, 2016

The Whole World In a Weekend

Another Rhinebeck has come and gone . . .  What a wild weekend it was!  The weather was exquisite, and the crowds were enormous.  Someone asked me how it was and I replied that it was exhilarating and exhausting. I returned home on Monday, after breakfast with Barb at the Eveready Diner in Hyde Park, during which we recapped the show and squared away plans for the Fiber Festival of New England on November 5 & 6.  I was still tired on Tuesday.

We saw so many of our friends and customers -- it really felt as if we saw the whole world in a weekend.  One long-time customer brought me 2 yards of beautiful wool.  We heard about births and deaths and divorce, surgeries and celebrations, illnesses and ingenuity.  It was a whole year of life encapsulated in these two special days that happen the third weekend of October every year.  


3 comments:

acorn hollow said...

sounds completely wonderful!
cathy

Lana Manis said...

Sarah, the booth looks wonderful! I'd love to visit a show like that... and see you and Barb! Please tell her hello for me! :)

Unknown said...

Was great to see you guys! Was worth the ride ... weather and crowd was wonderful! :-)