Friday, August 11, 2017

Setting Off for Sauder Soon . . .

I've been a whirling dervish the last few weeks, dyeing and pattern-making and pricing and planning. Barb and I leave for Sauder Village Rug Hooking Week at the crack of dawn on Monday.  I'm excited to present our style to a whole new crew of rug hookers, and really excited to be teaching a class, too.
Some of the hand-dyed wool we will have for sale


Some of the patterns we will have for sale
A nice selection of out-of-print books will be available, too
My etsy shop will be closed while I am away and will reopen at the end of August.  Also, classes are suspended until September, and will then be open to only those who are currently enrolled.  sorry, but I have to keep the class size small because of my husband's medical condition.

Speaking of my husband Pete, he hit his 100 day mark (100 days since transplant) on August 5, and he is continuing to do well.  The doctor has started to wean him off the Cyclosporine, which has been holding his immune system in check.  When I get back from Ohio we can go out to dinner to a "reputable" restaurant!  It's been 10 months or so since we've been out to eat.  We are both looking forward to a change of pace . . . 

Please come and see us if you are in or near Ohio next week!  Here is the information for Sauder Village Rug Hooking Week 2017:

Dates & Hours:

Exhibit:  Wednesday – Saturday, August 16 - 19, 2017,
10 a.m. – 5 p.m.
  • Admission:

    Tickets into the Rug Hooking Week and entire Historic Village... Adults - $17.00, Students (6-16) - $11.00 (Senior, Military and AAA discounts apply)
    Tickets into just the Rug Hooking Week  - $11.00 (Must be purchased in Founder's Hall where exhibit is located.)

3 comments:

Julia said...

Your wool looks so nice. It looks like you've been real busy and I'm glad that you are taking somme time for yourself to be at Sauder Village. It always make me wish I lived close by. It will be so nice for you .

I I'm also glad that your husband is doing well and is even planning an outing when you get back. Good luck with all this.
Enjoy your weekend.
Hugs, Julia

Unknown said...

Your work is beautiful. Enjoy your little reprieve and relax.

acorn hollow said...

Wish I was able to go:( but not to be.
you have some nice things to sell I would love to look through your rug patterns.
Did your husband have a bone marrow transplant?
Cathy