
I was lucky enough to receive a very generous gift certificate to The Wool Studio from the Peconic Ruggers when I stepped down as president last year. That was last November, and I just got around to redeeming it.
If you're a rug hooker and you don't know The Wool Studio's wool, you should. It is delicious. Rebecca Erb sells fabulous tweeds and plaids that she has woven in Europe. She has a website (http://www.thewoolstudio.com/), but, sadly, she does not sell from it. You must send $5 for swatches. That's the one drawback for me -- I love being able to order day or night on my computer. Getting the stack of wool pictured above took a bit of back and forth -- no instant gratification here. But the wool is worth it. I've already used some of the orange in a small mat with fall leaves and I'm looking forward to trying that sunny yellow check in something soon.
Excellent explanation on density maps and how to avoid needle jams in overlapping areas.
ReplyDelete