Monday, March 9, 2015

In Like a Lion

This has been the fiercest winter I can remember, and the first week of March was no different.  It snowed all day last Thursday -- snowed and snowed and snowed.  Pete usually plants our peas on St. Patrick's Day and I am not so sure the many feet of snow will be gone by then.  I am hoping it will melt, and that the crocus and daffodils will appear no worse for the wear.

I have been designing new rugs, and hooking away on the Saturday Sampler I designed for my students at the Farmhouse Quilt Company. Judy Warasilla, who has been hooking with me since my first class at the quilt shop, has already finished her rug! I love her color choices. Here it is, along with photographs of our last class. I'll be having Open Hooking at the quilt shop tomorrow from10 to 3 if you would like to join us.









1 comment:

Julia said...

I'll be glad to see the ground too and I worry about flooding since a lot of the water comes from up river all the way from Maine. It all passes in front of our house and farm so I'm keeping my fingers crossed. I don't know if we can survive another devastating flood for our farm.

Thanks for sharing the photos. The rugs are looking beautiful. Have fun teaching.
Hugs,
JB