Friday, March 20, 2015

It Certainly Sounds Like Spring

The birds were singing like crazy when Cairo and I took our walk on the beach this morning.  Someone in town saw an osprey on a nest, and the squirrels in our back yard are, well, twitterpated.  It's really noisy outside these days.  How do they know it is spring?  You could fool me, as I sit here gazing out the window at yet another snow storm.   I'm not sure it will ever be warm enough to swim in the bay again.  But I can't complain -- the eastern coast of Canada has been hit hard this week.  I read that Nova Scotia got 37 inches of snow between Sunday and Wednesday.  So it could be so much worse here.  And Pete did get our peas planted on St. Patrick's Day, even though there was still snow on the ground.  The yard looks so awful right now.

I am off to Farmhouse Quilt Company tomorrow to do another Saturday Sampler Class, although everyone is welcome for open hooking too.  I'll be showing the students how I finish my rugs with piping and hand sewing -- I gave up whipping years ago.  I hated doing it and I know from  experience that is much easier to repair the edge of a rug with piping than with whipping.  Come join us if you are on the North Fork.

I would be remiss if I didn't announce my husband Peter's first solo show of his sculptures at ILLE Arts, 216a Main Street, Amagansett, New York.  The opening is tomorrow, March 21, from 5 to 7 pm. Here is a link to the website:  ILLE Arts.   Wish him good luck!

2 comments:

Julia said...

You are as busy as usual. So nice that Spring has arrived in your parts and that you could plat peas already. We still have mountains of snow and no bare spots in the garden yet. Spring has a slow start but today was a beautiful sunny day and the days are getting longer.

Happy Spring and enjoy your next tour and workshops.
Hugs,
JB

Sue at The Boar's Breath Ranch said...

What does piping involve? What does it look like? Thanks, Sue