Saturday, December 29, 2007

Archive -- November 2007

LIGRA RUG SHOW, Melville, NY
November 6th, 2007 / News, Road Trips, Suppliers and Teachers / No comments
I didn’t have high hopes for this show, considering Hurricane Noel was supposed to pass over eastern Long Island midday on Saturday, but I was quite pleased with my sales by the end of the day! The church hall was on the small side, so space was tight for the vendors, but the rugs themselves didn’t take up too much space. They were hung on a wire grid system that made good use of the allotted area.
The show was dedicated to Helen Connelly Howe, whose stained glass rug graces the current issue of Rug Hooking Magazine. Helen is a fabulous colorist, and one of the sweetest, most gracious women I’ve ever met. Several of her rugs were on view.
I met a wonderful man named Vincent, a member of the guild that sponsored the show. He wanted to learn how to do punch needle, so I whipped out my supplies (I packed a project because I thought I’d be twiddling my thumbs all day because of the bad weather!) and showed him how t do it. He bought a needle, a pattern, some Medici wool and then proceeded to bring person after person over to watch me punch. I practically sold out of punch supplies! So, thank you, Vincent! And if you ever want to get rid of that beautiful wool suit coat, you know where to find me!

No comments: