Friday, April 24, 2009

Photos from Florence

I attended the monthly meeting of my rug hooking guild, the Peconic Ruggers, on Tuesday night. My friends were laughing about my blog posts from Italy. . . a short description about art, a long description about food . . . Yes, I am a foodie, and the food in Italy is amazing, but I did do other things! To prove it, here are some snapshots from our many walks around the fabulous city of Florence.


The Duomo


An orange tree in the courtyard of the Basilica of San Lorenzo, the Medici family's parish church


The flea market at the piazza dei Ciompi


An archway looking towarda the Oltrarno


A private garden on the Oltrarno


A door near Santo Spirito


A close up of the wall the door is set into. I love the textures . . .




A toy store near Santa Croce. These are little handmade puppets and theaters. They reminded me of the Wizard of Oz.


Another toy store window. Clara loves this wooden motorcycle. You can see the ubiquitous Pinocchio in the background.


A streetscape outside the Accademia

No comments: