Monday, January 2, 2012

Happy New Year

Cairo and I have been up since before 5. The power is out, maybe due to high winds. We headed out for an early walk to watch the sunrise on Peconic Bay. No one was out and I let Cairo walk off his lead. He kept looking back at me, not believing his good fortune. I thought of Frost's line "My little horse must think it queer . . ." and substituted "dog" for "horse." The light was so beautiful on the bay. Even now the clouds are pink and everything has a rosy glow. Have I told you how much I love where I live? Hmmm, I think so -- maybe once or twice . . .

We have had two weeks of cooking and eating and visiting and eating and celebrating and eating and more visiting and eating. Today it stops. I'm taking the tree down this morning -- mostly because I forgot to water it and the needles are dropping like crazy -- and then it is back to work on new patterns and new plans to help the business grow. And eating a lot less. Here's to a healthy and happy new year for everyone.

No comments: