Saturday, February 7, 2015

I ❤️ Teaching

I have been teaching two wonderful groups of quilters how to rug hook at the Farmhouse Quilt Company.  The women have all taken to rug hooking quickly -- not a surprise since they all make quilts and do other crafts.  Two students, both named Judy, are particularly prolific.  I think they've finished more rugs this past year than I have!

Here is Judy W. with her version of my White Whale Tavern.  She hooked it with thrifted wool, except for the background, which is one of my hand-dyed wools.  That's her husband, Gene, helping her display the rug.  What a terrific job!

Judy and Gene and The White Whale Tavern
And here is my other Judy -- Judy L. -- displaying her version of my pattern Long May It Wave.  She gave it to her daughter-in-law for Christmas.  Lucky girl, that daughter-in-law.
Judy at the Farmhouse Quilt Company

Both Judys are working on the Saturday Sampler I designed just for their class.  I'm sure they will have theirs finished before I finish mine.

I also got a great email this week from a customer who purchased my fox terrier pattern.  Meet Sugar the Fox Terrier, hooked by Niheala:


I love the way Niheala turned my abstract border into a field of flowers and added the landscape behind the dog!  

It is always a thrill for me to see how people interpret my patterns.  If you've hooked one, send it along and I will post it here.





1 comment:

Julia said...

Oh my, that whale tavern rug is very impressive and so big. She must be so happy with her rug. Such a dedicated hooker.
A great tribute to your teaching. The other two rugs are lovely too.

No wonder you enjoy teaching.
Hugs,
JB