Thursday, August 25, 2016

Blogging the Way It Should Be

I have always had good intentions toward my blog.  I love to write and I love to rug hook, so why not just do it?  Recently I've fallen into the two online holes of Instagram and Pinterest, and I have been ignoring my blog, as well as other people's blogs.   I find I dislike the cookie cutter blogs with lots of ads in between posts and pop up boxes that you have to x out of.  There must be a cheap template out there.  Cookie cutter stuff turns me off.

Last week I once again read a rug hooking blog that I have admired for a long time: Mary Jane's Rugs.   She writes about rug hooking and art and travel so thoughtfully.  She takes the time to research her subjects and illustrates her posts beautifully. She's the blogger I aspire to be.  Imagine my surprise when I received an email from her the other day, asking to feature one of my rugs on her blog!  And then imagine my surprise when she had it written and posted the very next day!  

I hope you will hop on over to Mary Jane's Rugs and read her latest post, as well as all the others.

Many thanks to Mary Jane for the feature.

1 comment:

acorn hollow said...

I too love Mary Jane's blog she is the president of our guild.
Cathy