Monday, May 19, 2008

Something New . . .


I took part in a challenge given by The Primitive Rug Hookers Group on ebay. We had to come up with a geometric shape and hook it only with strips of wool left over from previous projects. This is my entry -- and I was actually a runner up (although there were several runners up. . . ) It isn't the best rug I've ever hooked, but it has given me an idea for a new pattern that will use my sister Barb's (Thimblefolk) newly dyed wool. I'l be listing this one for sale soon in my etsy shop if you're interested.

4 comments:

susanB said...

Like the idea of using up leftovers and I like your finished rug very much!

Lana Manis said...

That rug is so vibrant and beautiful! You do perfect work Sarah ~ I know! (wink, wink!)

Suzanne said...

Oh Wow, Sarah! That looks like it really took some time! It's beautiful!

Brenis said...

Sarah - i just loved your entry for this challenge! The triangles are soo creative! Great job! :D