Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Rebecca Erb Wool


I was lucky enough to receive a very generous gift certificate to The Wool Studio from the Peconic Ruggers when I stepped down as president last year. That was last November, and I just got around to redeeming it.

If you're a rug hooker and you don't know The Wool Studio's wool, you should. It is delicious. Rebecca Erb sells fabulous tweeds and plaids that she has woven in Europe. She has a website (http://www.thewoolstudio.com/), but, sadly, she does not sell from it. You must send $5 for swatches. That's the one drawback for me -- I love being able to order day or night on my computer. Getting the stack of wool pictured above took a bit of back and forth -- no instant gratification here. But the wool is worth it. I've already used some of the orange in a small mat with fall leaves and I'm looking forward to trying that sunny yellow check in something soon.

No comments: