Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Is It Still Summer?


Cairo and I had a lovely walk on the beach this morning. (As you can see from the photo above, Cairo had a nice swim, too.) If I hadn't seen a busy squirrel run by with a fat black walnut in his mouth, I would have thought it was the middle of July. It has to be close to 70 degrees already, the sun is warm and the air is perfectly still. I wanted to sit on the dock in the sun for awhile, but the New York State Sheep and Wool Festival is this weekend and I still have work to do!

Cold weather is supposed to move in tonight. I'm hoping the rain stays away so that the weekend is crisp and the leaves stay on the trees upstate until I get there.

I'll post the particulars about the festival tomorrow. On Friday morning I'll set off for Rhinebeck and won't return until Monday.

Enjoy this glorious day!

Sarah

No comments: