Sunday, January 10, 2010

This Week's Reading List


I spent Saturday sitting in a puddle of sunshine on the sofa, reading several books.  I finished the second book of the year: Death of an Irish Sinner by Bartholomew Gill.  I love a good British mystery.  This one is a police procedural, set in Dublin.  It's one of many by Gill, and I'm looking forward to reading more.  I also read Natural Nutrition for Cats and Dogs by Kymythy Schultze.  I am desperate to get Cairo off the endless treadmill of antibiotics and steroids prescribed for his allergy attacks.  The last round left him scratching his fur off.  The BARF (Biologically Appropriate Raw Food) diet has been recommended to me by several people (though not by our veterinarian).  So I am reading up on it and preparing to try it.  We will also be making a visit to a holistic vet in the near future.

The last few days of sunshine have really made the frigid temperatures much more bearable for me.  I can feel the days getting longer minute by minute and that makes me very happy.

1 comment:

Kim from The Sheep's Nest said...

Hi Sarah,

So good to hear from you! I am definetely going to follow your blog. I have been in a creative slump for a few years, but I am now an invigorated and reading to start again. It will be so much fun to share with friends again. Tell Barb I say "hi" hugs,Kim