Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Felting Class at Hallockville!


The Peconic Ruggers are hosting a great class this Saturday at Hallockville.  We'll be learning how to wet felt with Elizabeth Palmer Buchtman!  I've been wanting to learn to wet felt for years.  I was lucky enough to see some of Elizabeth's work at the Fluffystuff show in March.  I'll be there Saturday, camera in hand, and will post my results!  There's still room in the class if you would like to join us!    Email peconicruggers@yahoo.com, or call Judy (631) 924-2636 or Jennifer (631)744-8608.



Also: today is update day for The Primitive Gathering.  My sister Barb has a fabulous new piece called Yankee Doodle Dandy that you have to see to believe.  He is needle-felted by hand, a laborious effort that really paid off.  Click here to visit her page:  thimblefolk on The Primitive Gathering.

Thanks for all the nice comments about the front yard.  We had someone move the tree and lay the sod, but we did everything else ourselves, including moving all the plants we wanted to save.  I added a dwarf oak leaf hydrangea and some little orange sedges this morning to fill in the blank spots.  It'll take time to mature, but we are on our way.   I am also in the process of moving my studio from the basement to the attic, which is why there is no news about rug hooking around here.  But as Cathy of Orange Sink said, I'll have more time for hooking now that the yard is easier to take care of.

No comments: