Saturday, February 9, 2013

The Morning After

Snow was still falling when I woke up this morning.  I did some shoveling -- enough so Cairo could get out and move around a little bit.  The top 12 inches was beautiful, fluffy snow, the bottom 6 inches was hard, nasty ice.  I left the car covered, and didn't bother with the driveway.  The bit near the curb is particularly bad because of the snow plows.   I chopped a pathway out to the street, but after an hour and a half of shoveling, I decided it was time to stop.  The sun is out now, but the temperature is still low, so I don't think it will melt any time soon.  It's a good day to sit and hook on a rug.








2 comments:

Aodhnait said...

Wow that's some amount of snow!

Stay safe & warm

Julia said...

That is a LOT of snow sarah. It will take some time to melt.

We are being blasted with a snow storm here with high winds and blowing snow and it's has been going on all day too.

Hooking is a good idea.

JB