Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Easter is Coming and So Are Our Spring Shows

Easter is just days away now.  How did that happen, lol?  Am I the only one who thinks they have more time than there actually is?  I've been doing more spring cleaning -- washed some windows this past weekend (because I couldn't see out of them they were so dirty) and raked and pulled weeds and mulched a bit.  The warm weather has been wonderful.  I love sleeping with the windows open.  We are having fierce April showers today, with lots of wind, and the temperature is going to drop a bit, but spring is definitely here.


Spring brings with it a host of fiber festivals -- all those wooly sheep are ready to be sheared! Our first show this season is the 105th Connecticut Sheep, Wool, & Fiber Festival at the Tolland Agricultural Center in Vernon, Ct.  It will be held Saturday, April 26, 2014 from 9 am until 4 pm.  There will be workshops and seminars, sheep dog trials, a spinning bee, a fleece sale, vendors, food and lots more.  Barb and I will be in the Green Barn, so come and see us!  We'll be debuting some new patterns and creations for your pleasure!

1 comment:

Julia said...

Hi Sarah, I don't have any sheep to shear or shows to get ready but I'm way behind you on Spring Cleaning.

The water level is rising on the mighty St John River and we are being watchful for possible flooding. I'm keeping my fingers crossed so I can't get too much done that way, lol.
So nice to hear that Spring is in full swing in your area.

Snow is melting nicely but no blooms yet.

Happy Easter and good luck at your Spring show.
Hugs,
JB