Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Getting Closer to Christmas . . .

What a busy fall I've had!  Shows and classes and family stuff . . . .  It will go on for another month.  I try not to think about the sheer amount of stuff I've done this fall and have yet to do -- a double baptism, multiple classes, my birthday, Barb's birthday, Pete's birthday, show after show . . . It's all good, though -- fun and profitable for the most part.  I just need a little more sleep.  At least the overnight travel is done with and I can sleep in my own bed.

Scallop season opened last Monday.  It's a good year Peconic Bay scallops -- they are big and plentiful for the first time since 1994.  Pete went out with his scope and net and couldn't believe how easy they were to get.  We ate them almost every night last week (Pete makes a great ceviche), sent some to Clara on the west coast, and brought some up to Barb. We've also packed some away in the freezer, although they are much better eaten the day they are harvested.


Next show up:  I will be at the New Forms Group Annual Fine Art and Craft Show this coming weekend in Remsenburg, New York.  I won't have supplies here -- this show is only for finished work.  Stop by if you are on the South Fork!


2 comments:

Julia said...

I'm so envious of you eating fresh scallops. I love scallops and just about any sea food, but fresh scallops are my fave. I can almost taste them. I think I'm starting to salivate. lol...

All the best on your next show, wow, Fall is such a busy time for you.
Hugs,
JB

The Paisley Studio/Sarah McNamara said...

Come on down, Julia! We'll cook you up a bunch of scallops and do some rug hooking! Sarah