Monday, September 13, 2010

Lovely Day at Longwood


The Peconic Ruggers participated in the Brookhaven Country Fair at the Longwood Estate this past weekend.  I joined co-presidents Jennifer and Judy (and Jennifer's daughter Lizzie) on Saturday to demonstrate and soak up the fall sunshine.

Jennifer and Judy did a great job with the booth.  I love the way they strung string and hung the mats up with wooden clothes pins, like laundry out on a line.  We had a great selection of rugs -- even one in progress for people to try their hooking skills out on.  Jennifer has designed and printed an assortment of informational brochures for us to pass out.  I finished hooking up our raffle rug for this year -- my Garden Cat pattern, which I donated to the guild.  (If you would like to buy a ticket, contact me.  Chances are $1 each or 6 for $5.)

The fair is a fun one.  There's lots to eat -- fresh roasted corn, gyros, crepes, hot dogs, kettle corn, and zeppoles.  (Thanks to Lizzie for making a zeppole run for us . . . boy, were they good -- piping hot and sugary.  Yum, yum, yum.)

There's a Revolutionary and Civil War re-enactment, Irish Step Dancing,  lots of music, a quilt show, pony rides and lots more.  The Peconic Ruggers actually met in the main house on the estate for a couple of years.  It's a lovely house and I had a lovely day.
Now it is back to work.  I'll be sharing a booth with my friend Barbara Blossey Chuvalas the basket maker at the Hallockville Fall Festival next weekend, so this will be a busy week.  Stop by and visit us.  The Ruggers will be there, too.  For more information on Hallockville and the Fall Festival, click HERE.

No comments: