Friday, September 28, 2012

Another Opening, Another Show . . .

Another show starts today (see above), which is why I have been absent.  Having three shows in three weekends really depletes stock and I have been working away night and day to have some new things for this weekend at Martha Clara Vineyard.

I was invited to join this small group in the spring.  They have been together for over 35 years, and have this special show once a year.  I am the fiber artist.  There is a ceramist, CC Bookout, a jeweler, Alice Van de Wetering, a printmaker, Joan Rogers, a photographer, Harvey Hellering, and a woodworker, Will Paulson.

We will be in Gallery 2 at Martha Clara this weekend, and we found out yesterday that they'll be doing winetastings in our space.  My first thought was, "Red wine and hooked rugs -- not a good combination!."  But most everything is hanging and I am hoping the wine tasting brings people in who otherwise would not stop.

Wish me luck!

I have a few more photos from the show last weekend, but will have to post them in the next day or two.  No time now . . . .

1 comment:

Julia said...

Good luck Sarah. I hope that you sell a lot of your stuff. I'm looking forward to seeing lots of pictures, even the ceramics. I used to teach ceramics and sell supplies and greenware years ago.