Sunday, November 24, 2013

High Winds & High Seas

A northwest wind has been blowing for almost 24 hours.  Cairo and I headed for the beach this morning, but  the wind blew us away.  I took my gloves off to take a photograph and one of my gloves went flying.  I caught up to it just before it hit the water, but I never got around to taking the picture.  Cairo and I hightailed it home and I made myself a niece hot latte.

I delivered the grid walls I use at my shows to my friend Barbara, who hosts a large hand craft show in the Naugles Barn at Hallockville every year.  The wind was even fiercer coming across the farm fields. my fingers were numb by the time I got everything into the barn.  Luckily, the weatherman is predicting warmer weather for the end of the week, and the barn will be heated.

If you want to avoid the big box stores on Black Friday, head up to Hallockville for the Country Parlor Holiday Home Sale: 

Country Parlor Holiday Home Sale
Hallockville Museum Farm
6038 Sound Avenue, Riverhead, NY 11901
November 29 & 30, December 1, 2013
Friday & Saturday 9am-3pm; Sunday 10m-3pm. 
The East End's most unique holiday show of fine folk artists and craftspeople in the historic Naugles Barn at Hallockville! Shop for the finest in folk art, crafts and gifts including baskets, tree trimmings and holiday decor, wreaths, rugs, woodcarvings and decoys, gift baskets, ornaments and so much more-something for everyone on your list! 

1 comment:

Julia said...

It's mighty cold here too this morning and a bit breezy. At least you didn't lost that glove. Take some inside photos, it's a lot safer.
Good luck with the show.

Hugs,
JB