Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Quick Change Artist

That's what Mother Nature is: a quick change artist.

Yesterday I picked a beautiful bouquet of nasturtiums -- in the middle of November!  Fresh flowers in my kitchen make me smile.


I turned off the heat before going to bed last night -- the temperature outside hovered around 52 -- and the house was still pretty warm when I got up this morning.  I made a big mug of coffee and settled in to read some blogs.  I looked up a few minutes later and it was snowing!  Now the nasturtium bed looks like this:

I thought I would be upset, but I was thrilled to take Cairo out for a walk this morning (after I dug out a scarf and gloves and my winter jacket).  Cairo was not thrilled, so we didn't go far, but I came home and put Christmas music on and I have all sorts of new patterns rolling around in my brain.  So I'm going to get to work!

3 comments:

Cathy G. said...

Now that's what I call a positive attitude about the snow! I am still waiting to put the Christmas music on!
Hugs!!
Cathy G

Julia said...

Yay for you to change as quick as Mother Nature. That's what I call a positive attitude also.
I'm not as fond of the snow as I used to be as I have to get up at 5:30 am to walk to the barn in the dark.
I'm getting to be an old woman, lol...

Enjoy your Nasturtium indoors. They are very pretty.
Hugs,
JB

acorn hollow said...

You do have a great outlook on the cold that has settled in for a few days.
but by this weekend we are going to be 60's oh boy!
We have the woodstove happily humming away and I just finished washing the kitchen floor I think I am off to hook for awhile.
Cathy