Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Waiting for Snow and What's Ahead in the New Year

December was a gray and rainy month -- I guess we are paying for our relatively dry and sunny summer.  Christmas was quiet for us. Clara didn't arrive until the 26th and my sister Barb stayed home this year, so it was just me and Pete.  We postponed Christmas dinner until Saturday -- and what a feast it was!  I am now officially tired of eating too much.  New year, new eating habits. 

I spent a lot of time over the last few weeks cleaning up my studio, sending out show applications, and designing new projects.  I also read a few books, look at Pinterest and Instagram daily, and hooked on my large hit-or-miss basket weave rug.  It felt good to pick up my hook again.


While the days are getting longer now (hurray!), they are also getting colder.  Snow and arctic air are predicted today.  But it won't be long until the spring shows begin, so it is time to really put my nose to the grindstone.  

I sent some time today working out a class schedule with Lindsay at Farmhouse Quilt Company in Southold.  Janet and Lindsay are in the midst of redoing the shop.  They've been painting walls and furniture, cleaning carpets,  and ordering new merchandise, so the shop will be ready for the grand-reopening on Tuesday, January 13.  

Here's the newsletter with class times:

Farmhouse Quilt Co.
46030 Main Road, Southold

I hope you all had a very Happy New Year!! We were striving for a Grand Re-opening on the 10th but you all know how a re-decorating goes.. If you paint the walls, you have to paint the trim!.. If you move the furniture, you  have to clean the carpet.. And when you clean the carpet you have to wait for it to dry to the re-arrange your shop!! So.. Now my Grand Re-opening will begin on Tuesday Jan.13th in Celebration of my 5th Year in Business in the Shop.. (I wouldn't have gotten this far without all of You!! Many Thanks!!)

Up-coming Workshops:

Rug-Hooking Classes: Workshops taught by Sarah McNamara of Paisley Rug Studios.. All levels off Rug-Hookers Welcome..call to reserve a seat!!
Tues. Jan 13th- "Open Rug Hooking" from (10am-3pm)..cost is $25.- bring your lunch..
Tues. Jan 20th- Punch Needle Valentine's Workshop.. (10am-3pm) price & picture to follow
Sat. Jan 24th- "Welcome" Rug Hooking Sampler..(10am-3pm) price & picture to follow
Sat. Jan 31st- Punch Needle Valentine's Workshop.. (10am-3pm).. price & picture to follow..

Sit-n-Sews:   **New Hours**   Call to reserve your seat!!
Wed. Jan 14th- "Sit-n-Sew"..(10am-2pm)..cost is $20.- bring your lunch.. Help is Always Available!!
Sat. Jan 17th- "Sit-n-Sew"..(10am-2pm)..cost is $20.- bring your lunch.. Help is Always Available!!
Wed. Jan 21st- "Sit-n-Sew"..(10am-2pm)..cost is $20.- bring your lunch.. Help is Always Available!!
Wed. Jan 28th- "Sit-n-Sew"..(10am-2pm)..cost is $20.- bring your lunch..Help is Always Available!!

**Quilt Workshop Dates and Info to Follow..




3 comments:

Saundra said...

Wonderful geometric hooked rug you have going there. Can't wait to see your updates.

Julia said...

Your rug is looking awesome. I'm looking forward to longer daylight time but This cold snap is really unpleasant for an old girl like me.

Take care and keep on hooking.
Hugs,
JB

Anonymous said...

That rug is gorgeous! Wow. What size will it be? And what cut are you using?
I'm back to hooking the Vermont Shells rug. I am Determined to finish it this year! I've signed up to go to FL for the Hook In that Searsport Rug Hooking does. I'm driving, so it will be a fun adventure.
It's in the teens with the wind howling around the house and making waves in the lake. Very Cold for South Carolina! ;-D Happy Hooking!