Sunday, August 28, 2011

She's Here!

I woke at 5:30 to strong winds and rain. Turned on the electric kettle for coffee and just as it came to a boil, the power went out. There's a large limb on the power lines two doors down and the utility pole is leaning precariously. The police are here, and the village work crew is on it's way, according to radio reports. The weather report says Irene is moving much more quickly now, so we should be okay by afternoon.

I am posting this on my iPhone -- love you, Steve Jobs, wherever you are!

3 comments:

Tammy Burks said...

Way to put a positive spin on a negative situation! Stay safe!

Julia said...

Hooray for iPhones, to get your message through. I hope that all is OK as I read your post. Sorry about the lost of power. I hope that all will return to normal soon. JB

Cheryl said...

I don't know where you are; I'm in Annandale, VA just outside of Wash.DC. Irene was kind to us. Power out for 10 hrs. Nothing more than that. Hope nothing else occurred for you.