Thursday, October 4, 2012



Gloom has descended on Greenport.  When Cairo and I walked the beach this morning we walked through a cloud, gray and wet and sticky.  Not even the glorious tumble of roses and Montauk daisies in full bloom could brighten my spirits.  It's the kind of day that makes me want to curl up with a book, a latte and a cinnamon bun then take a nap.  But I was good -- I had a poached egg while writing out my grocery list, stuck a load of laundry in the washer, and answered all my emails.


I have been hooking and stitching a lot.  I need to catch up on merchandise after having three shows in three weekends.  (I won't do that again!) I finished hooking Parson Brown on Tuesday evening.  It's a pattern I designed a few years ago but never hooked.  When I finished him, I decided he needed a companion and drew out Father Christmas.  I think I may put a braid around each of them.  I thought a pair of related rugs would look good in our booth at the New York State Sheep and Wool Festival, aka Rhinebeck, on October 20 and 21. At any rate, I am headed out to do a major grocery shop today and rest my shoulder, which tends to ache if I spend too many hours at my frame.  Do you think Father Christmas needs buttons?  He's a little jealous of Parson Brown, although when his beard is finally hooked he'll have something to show off.






2 comments:

Julia said...

Your roses and daisies are gorgeous.
I hope that your spirit lifts up a bit. Your are working too hard and over tired. Three shows in three weeks is A LOT.

Your Mr Parson Brown is lovely and also your Father Christmas. I don't think that he needs buttons.

JB

Carol Markel said...

Hi Sarah,
I really like Mr. Parson Brown and Father Christmas. I don't think he needs buttons, but you might put a tiny bit of red on the Christmas tree.
Hope all is well.
cm