Wednesday, January 5, 2011

New Year, New Work

I'm here!  I was sick for Christmas -- a nasty head cold -- and we were away for New Year's weekend, so I don't have a lot to show for myself.  It's time to put the iPhone down (my husband gave me one for Christmas and I have been playing with it) and get back to work!

I designed a couple of heart patterns for Valentine's Day and need to get the prototypes finished.  I ran out of blue floss, so there's a trip to the store for that in the very near future.  I'm finding the heart a little too bright, even for me, and I may age it with some black walnut tea.  I was thinking of an analogous color scheme in cotton floss for the circle, but this morning I am looking at my hand-dyed wool Medici thread -- Bing Cherry, in particular.  


Some punch needle designs just lend themselves to wool thread.  It is has a warmer, fuzzy look to it and resembles miniature hooked rugs.  The cotton floss, however, tends to produce crisper lines and has a beautiful sheen to it.  Decisions, decisions . . . . .

2 comments:

Julia said...

Sarah, thanks for leaving a comment on my blog and following my blog. I appreciate it very much. Sorry you came down with a head cold. Now that the hustle and bustle of the Holidays are over you can get back on tract.

It's already time to think about Valentines. My, how the time flies. Your patterns are lovely. I've never needle punched before but I've done some embroidery and cross stitch with with embroidery threads. Have a great weekend and I hope that you can work on your project. JB

Debbie said...

I love the star one that you haven't yet started. How big (small?) are the designs? I am a rug hooker and try punch needle now and then and find it difficult-but so sweet!